Congratulations on your engagement! As you start to plan your dream wedding, one of the most important parts of the planning process is searching for the best Colorado Springs wedding venues.
Top-Rated Colorado Springs Wedding Venues
Colorado Springs weddings offer a special kind of magic, and it’s not just because of the high altitude that will leave you breathless. The wedding venues in Colorado Springs provide an ideal setting for your big day, with stunning backdrops that will make your dream ceremony and reception come true. Whether searching for a luxury resort to host your wedding or a venue tucked away in the Rocky Mountains, Colorado Springs has everything you need to create your perfect wedding.
In this article, we’ll explore eight of the best Colorado Springs wedding venues to help you find the perfect spot to say “I do.”
1. Creekside Event Center
Highlights: All-inclusive venue with six indoor and outdoor spaces, including a gorgeous ceremony garden, the Courtyard with a white pergola , the Grand Hall with a gleaming dance floor, and The Loft with charming farmhouse-style decor.
- Address: 5515 Palmer Park Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- Price: $ • $$
- Catering: In-house
- Alcohol: In-house
- Amplified Music: Indoors/Outdoors
- Wheelchair accessible
- Availability: Year-round, daily.
All Inclusive Wedding Venue in Colorado Springs
Creekside Event Center is an elegant, farmhouse-inspired event venue on eight beautiful acres in Colorado Springs. Boasting a low hourly, inclusive rental fee combined with affordable catering and bar packages, planning your event will be a seamless experience for all.
Nestled on eight acres of pristine Colorado Springs landscape, Creekside Event Center is a magnificent, farmhouse-inspired wedding venue exuding elegance and rustic charm. With six indoor and outdoor locations for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, you can create a bespoke wedding experience that perfectly captures your unique vision. Moreover, the exclusive venue access ensures a private and intimate atmosphere for you and your guests to celebrate your special day.
Creekside Event Center’s allure lies in its spaces’ diversity, all of which showcase a distinctive Colorado appeal that will captivate your guests. The venue’s value-packed all-inclusive packages and a team of experienced wedding professionals work together to ensure a seamless and enjoyable planning process for you and your partner. Furthermore, Creekside Event Center’s Uniquely “You Promise” guarantee ensures that your wedding will be tailored precisely to your desires and preferences, promising a truly unforgettable experience.
With an indoor capacity of 300 tables, Creekside Event Center is the ideal location for weddings and events of all sizes. Whether planning an intimate gathering or a grand celebration, the venue’s versatile and enchanting spaces will undoubtedly exceed your expectations.
Our name Creekside is inspired by our beautiful property! We are located in the heart of Colorado Springs on eight amazing acres with Sand Creek running beside us. We love that couples have so many photo opportunities right on-site. Take a few steps, and you have a new natural, gorgeous backdrop!
Learn More About Our Venue and Team
The Bridal Suite
The Bridal Suite features elegant chandeliers, floor-to-ceiling mirrors, abundant natural light, and a charming shiplap fireplace.
Our foyer has the BEST natural light to make you look like a goddess on your wedding day.
The Grooms Lounge
The Groom’s Lounge offers a variety of exciting activities to keep the groom and his party entertained, including foosball, a flatscreen TV, and a Nintendo Switch gaming console.
Farmhouse style, sliding barn door, chandeliers, perfect for an intimate ceremony or reception
The Grand Hall
The Grand Hall is a superb venue for wedding receptions, boasting a spacious stage, a central dance floor, and a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system.
The Courtyard is a stunning fenced-in outdoor space that offers ample lawn area for wedding ceremonies or games, a contemporary fireplace and a white pergola.
Picture yourself dancing under the stars or dining in the twilight. So romantic 🙂
Did you know you are 5-15 minutes away from a handful of amazing mountain landscapes when you have your wedding at Creekside? We often have couples head over to these views during cocktail hour.
Get in Touch or Schedule a Tour
2. Garden of the Gods Resort and Club
Highlights: Picturesque wedding venue offering indoor and outdoor event spaces, luxurious accommodations, and all-inclusive packages with customizable catering menus.
- Price: $$$$
- Address: 3320 Mesa Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80904
- Phone: (719) 632-5541
Luxury Wedding Venue and Resort
Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is a wedding venue in Colorado Springs, Colorado that provides couples and their guests a taste of paradise. This private country club and luxury golf resort is surrounded by picturesque mountain ranges and red rock formations, making it a stunning backdrop for any wedding celebration. The resort was first established in 1951 and is designed to offer all guests a tranquil and relaxing experience.
Indoor and Outdoor Ceremony and Reception Spaces
The venue offers indoor and outdoor settings for couples to exchange their vows. The largest event space, the Three Graces Ballroom, can accommodate up to 300 guests. The ballroom features a spacious foyer leading to the main space, which can be customized to fit any wedding theme. There is also an open-air terrace with a natural-stone fireplace and lounge furniture for guests to enjoy. Other event spaces include the Garden Room, Hill Room, and the resort’s manicured lawns, including the South Lawn and the space around the Reflection Pool. The resort also offers 116 guest rooms, suites, cottages, and casitas for a relaxing wedding weekend.
The resort offers all-inclusive wedding packages with extensive services, including spa outings for the wedding party and private tee times on the golf course. The onsite wedding staff can connect couples with trusted vendors and offer customizable catering menus inspired by local flavors.
3. Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Highlights: Full-service weddings with stunning Rocky Mountain views, ceremony locations, on-site lodging, and event coordinators to suggest weekend activities.
- Address: 3225 Broadmoor Valley Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Price: Starting at $131 per guest + ceremony site fee
This resort provides couples with a full-service experience and stunning views of the Rockies, making it an ideal location for couples looking to combine celebrating and adventuring in one spot, with a variety of ceremony locations available and the option to party on the outdoor terrace or in the Centennial Ballroom; the resort also offers on-site accommodation across eight residential lodges and event coordinators who can suggest weekend activities both at the resort and in the surrounding area.
All-inclusive wedding packages can include the following:
- Indoor & outdoor ceremony & reception venues
- Hors d’oeuvres & plated or buffet dinner
- Champagne toast (one glass/guest)
- Wine service with dinner
- Late-night snack bar
- Tables, chairs, ivory or black table linens, and napkins
- China, silverware, and glassware
- Wedding night room accommodations for the newlyweds (based on availability)
- Discount on treatments at their luxury full-service Alluvia Spa & Wellness Retreat for the wedding party
- And more!
4. Garden of the Gods Park
Highlights: The natural beauty of Garden of the Gods Park is the perfect backdrop for your intimate wedding ceremony.
- Address: Garden of the Gods Rd, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
The Garden of the Gods Park allows wedding ceremonies on a first-come, first-served basis at no cost, although a $50 donation is encouraged to support the park’s preservation. However, weddings at the park are limited to small, brief ceremonies, and receptions are not allowed except for picnics at designated areas. No alcoholic beverages are permitted, and decorations, such as tables, tents, arches, and trellises, are prohibited. Visitors are asked to care for the natural environment by not releasing birds, butterflies, balloons, or throwing rice or confetti. Also, blocking off areas, including parking, is not allowed, and visitors should remain on established trails and be respectful of other park users.
Garden of the Gods Park has six special event areas that can be utilized for weddings, with a set capacity for each location that should not be exceeded. These event areas include:
- Jaycee Plaza (Chuckwagon Pavilion, 50 people)
- Sentinel Plaza (25 people)
- Three Graces Plaza (25 people)
- High Point (50 people)
- Scotsman Picnic Area (25 people)
- South Spring Canyon Area (50 people)
5. Cave of the Winds Mountain Park
Highlights: Distinctive cave rooms, stunning natural formations as the backdrop, and breathtaking views of the Canyon Rim Pavilion.
- Address: 100 Cave of the Winds Rd, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
- Phone: (719) 685-5444
A wedding at Cave of the Winds Mountain Park can be a unique and memorable experience. The venue offers a variety of options, including Canopy Hall and Bridal Chamber cave rooms, as well as the Canyon Rim Pavilion with breathtaking views of the cityscape and Williams Canyon. The cave rooms provide a distinctive atmosphere, with stunning natural formations such as stalactites and stalagmites creating a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony. The park’s staff can assist with planning and coordinating the event, including catering and other services. The location is also surrounded by natural beauty, making it a great choice for couples who love the outdoors. However, it’s important to remember that the cave rooms have limited capacity, and some restrictions apply to decorations and other aspects of the ceremony.
Weddings in Canopy Hall:
- Canopy Hall is a spacious cave room with stunning formations like stalactites and stalagmites.
- The room can host up to 25 guests, including the wedding party.
Weddings in Bridal Chamber:
- The bridal Chamber is an intimate cave room with beautiful formations, including the Cathedral and Cathedral Spires.
- The chamber can accommodate up to 15 people, including the wedding party.
Renting the Canyon Rim Pavilion:
- The Canyon Rim Pavilion offers breathtaking views of the cityscape and Williams Canyon and is ideal for various events, such as wedding receptions, corporate parties, and family reunions.
- The pavilion can seat around 80 guests, but it can be arranged to accommodate up to 200 people if you bring your furnishings.
- Please note that the Canyon Rim Pavilion is only available for private events before or after hours from September 15th to May 15th.
6. The Broadmoor
Highlights: European sophistication and charming decor. Offering breathtaking mountain views along with stately accommodations.
- Price: $$$$
- Address: 1 Lake Ave., Colorado Springs, CO
Couples can enjoy their ceremony, reception, and breathtaking views all in one place. The Broadmoor has been hosting weddings and other special events for decades, making it the perfect location for such an important life event. The Broadmoor’s interior design themes combine European sophistication, charm, and glamour with homely embellishments, exposed beams, and wooden features that add bucolic beauty. The variety of intricate details and eye-catching architecture in each room create an inviting atmosphere for couples and guests.
The stunning location of The Broadmoor near the mountains offers several open-air function sites where guests can take in awe-inspiring natural vistas while enjoying cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. Couples can choose from several ceremony sites, including the West Tower Lawn surrounded by majestic trees and can accommodate up to 500 people. Receptions take place at the Rocky Mountain Ballroom, Cheyenne Lodge, Main Ballroom, and Broadmoor Hall, which has a capacity for over 1,000 guests and a dance floor.
The Broadmoor offers wedding specialists, culinary creatives who can craft delectable meals, and devoted staff to attend to every detail, making for a stress-free planning process. Additionally, stately accommodations, elegant rooms, and rustic cottages are available for guests to stay overnight after a magical celebration. Overall, The Broadmoor is a graceful and inviting place that offers the best of both worlds and will definitely create an unforgettable wedding experience.
7. Red Rocks Barn
Highlights: Charming wedding venue featuring hardwood flooring, beautiful cathedral ceilings, and coordination support.
- Price: $$
- Address: 2700 Robinson St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
The venue’s original hardwood flooring and beautiful cathedral ceilings add a timeless charm to the event space. Red Rocks Barn has a prime location just minutes from Manitou Springs and Old Colorado City, making it a convenient venue for local and out-of-town guests.
The venue has a capacity to host up to 160 guests, with over 4,000 square feet of space that includes a large dining area and ample room for entertainment and dancing. The high ceiling displays large beams that can be tastefully decorated with romantic string lights, bunting, or floral compositions. The bridal suite loft overlooks the venue, providing a cozy area for getting ready. The barn also includes a kitchen for caterer and bartender use, indoor restrooms, and plenty of private parking space. A small porch sits at the front of the barn, offering guests a quiet area to sit outside and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
The event team provides coordination support to ensure that no detail is overlooked, offering eight hours of rental time and a complimentary one-hour rehearsal time before the ceremony. On the event day, the staff provides white folding resin chairs, table linens, and all lighting and sound equipment. The venue also features indoor restrooms, a large dance floor, and plenty of on-site parking for guests.
8. Still Waters Ranch
Highlights: Rustic, Colorado-ranch-style weddings with views of Pikes Peak.
- Address: 11955 Falcon Hwy, Falcon, CO 80831
- Phone: (719) 351-3570
Still Waters Ranch is an ideal wedding venue in Colorado Springs year-round, offering couples a unique and romantic ambiance. Its rustic setting, spectacular views of the majestic Rocky Mountains, and unparalleled state-of-the-art facilities make it the perfect place to create unforgettable memories on your special day. In the warmer months, couples can take advantage of the secluded and bucolic environment to exchange their vows, while in the cooler seasons, they can stay cozy by the fireplaces or in the wine tower. No matter the time of year, Still Waters Ranch promises to provide a beautiful backdrop for your special day.
FAQs About Colorado Springs Wedding Venues
If you’re planning a wedding in Colorado Springs, knowing what options are available for your special day is important. Fortunately, there are a variety of wedding venues in the area to choose from, ranging from outdoor spaces with stunning views of the mountains to elegant ballrooms and historic buildings. Before deciding, it’s important to consider factors such as capacity, pricing, available amenities, and any applicable restrictions or requirements. You can find the perfect Colorado Springs wedding venue to bring your vision to life by researching and asking the right questions.
What are the best Colorado Springs wedding venues?
When it comes to choosing a wedding venue in Colorado Springs, there are so many options to choose from. From outdoor spaces with incredible mountain views to grand castles, Colorado Springs offers a variety of venues for couples to bring together the perfect wedding day.
Creekside Event Center offers a blend of rustic charm and modern sophistication, making it a great choice for couples looking to create a unique and memorable experience.
Wedgewood Wedding in Colorado Springs, CO
Wedgewood Weddings is a national wedding venue and event planning company that offers all-inclusive packages for weddings and other events. They have over 30 locations across the United States, including Black Forest by Wedgewood Weddings in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Black Forest by Wedgewood Weddings is a popular venue that offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and forest. The secluded location provides a sense of privacy and intimacy that many couples desire for their wedding day.
One of the standout features of Black Forest by Wedgewood Weddings is its culinary team, which offers a range of delicious and innovative menus that can be customized to fit each couple’s specific needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a formal sit-down dinner or a more casual buffet-style meal, the culinary team at Black Forest can create a menu that will satisfy your tastes and impress your guests.
Overall, Wedgewood Weddings is known for its exceptional service, attention to detail, and all-inclusive packages that take the stress out of planning a wedding. Their venues are designed to create unforgettable memories for couples and their guests, and they offer a range of options to fit a variety of budgets and styles.
What types of wedding venues are offered in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs offers various wedding venues catering to different styles, preferences, and budgets. Here are some examples:
Outdoor Wedding Venues in Colorado Springs
Yes, there are over seven beautiful outdoor wedding venues in Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is a popular destination for outdoor weddings with its stunning mountain views and picturesque landscapes. Here are some examples of outdoor wedding venues in Colorado Springs:
- The Cliff House at Pikes Peak: This venue offers a beautiful outdoor ceremony site surrounded by lush gardens and stunning views of Pikes Peak.
- Hillside Gardens & Nursery: This charming venue features a gazebo ceremony site surrounded by beautiful gardens and rustic reception space.
- Wedgewood Weddings Black Forest: This venue offers a beautiful outdoor ceremony site surrounded by trees and a reception space with panoramic mountain views.
- The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms: This picturesque venue features a beautiful outdoor ceremony site with a waterfall backdrop and a rustic barn reception space.
- Shove Chapel: This historic chapel at Colorado College features a beautiful outdoor courtyard ceremony site surrounded by lush gardens.
- Garden of the Gods Club & Resort: This resort features several beautiful outdoor ceremony sites, including a stunning red rock amphitheater and a terrace with panoramic mountain views.
- Flying Horse Ranch: This ranch venue features a beautiful outdoor ceremony site surrounded by a pond, stunning mountain views, and a rustic barn reception space.
Historic Wedding Venues in Colorado Springs
- The Mining Exchange, A Wyndham Grand Hotel: This historic hotel, built in 1902, features beautiful architecture and elegant ballrooms, perfect for a classic and sophisticated wedding.
- The Broadmoor: This iconic hotel has been a staple of Colorado Springs since 1918 and features beautiful architecture, stunning gardens, and several ballrooms and event spaces.
- Briarhurst Manor Estate: This Victorian-style mansion was built in 1876 and offers a charming and elegant setting for your wedding ceremony and reception.
- Glen Eyrie Castle: This historic castle was built in 1870 and offers a unique and enchanting setting for your wedding day, with beautiful gardens and several event spaces.
- The Colorado Springs School: This historic school was founded in 1962 and offers a charming and rustic setting for your wedding, with several event spaces available, including a barn and a courtyard.
- The Pinery at The Hill: This historic mansion was built in 1925 and features beautiful architecture and stunning mountain views, with several event spaces available for your wedding.
Rustic Wedding Venues in Colorado Springs
- The Lodge at Cathedral Pines: This beautiful lodge venue offers a rustic and natural setting for your wedding day, with a stunning outdoor ceremony site surrounded by tall pine trees and a rustic reception space.
- Spruce Mountain Ranch: This beautiful ranch venue offers a natural and rustic setting for your wedding day, with several outdoor ceremony sites and a rustic reception space.
- The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms: This picturesque venue features a beautiful outdoor ceremony site with a waterfall backdrop and a rustic barn reception space.
- Flying Horse Ranch: This ranch venue features a beautiful outdoor ceremony site surrounded by a pond, stunning mountain views, and a rustic barn reception space.
Are there any all-inclusive wedding packages in Colorado Springs?
Yes, there are several all-inclusive wedding packages available in Colorado Springs. These packages typically include the venue, catering, decorations, photography, and coordination. Here are some examples of all-inclusive wedding packages in Colorado Springs:
- Creekside Event Center: Creekside Event Center in Colorado Springs offers all-inclusive wedding packages. Our packages include an excellent bundle of services, such as venue rental, catering, bar service, linens, decorations, and more. We also provide a wedding coordinator to help plan and ensure everything runs smoothly on the wedding day. BONUS: We also offer a $500 credit for your flowers or a private bridal shopping experience.
- The Pinery at the Hill: The Pinery at the Hill offers several all-inclusive wedding packages that include the venue, catering, bar service, linens, and decor. They also provide a dedicated wedding coordinator to assist with the planning process.
- The Antlers Hotel: The Antlers Hotel offers all-inclusive wedding packages, including venue, catering, decorations, linens, and a complimentary bridal suite. They also provide a dedicated wedding specialist to help with the planning process.
- Garden of the Gods Club & Resort: The Garden of the Gods Club & Resort offers all-inclusive wedding packages, including venue, catering, bar service, linens, and decor. They also provide a dedicated wedding planner to assist with the planning process.
- The Broadmoor: The Broadmoor offers several all-inclusive wedding packages that include the venue, catering, linens, and decorations. They also provide a dedicated wedding specialist to help with the planning process.
- The Lodge at Cathedral Pines: The Lodge at Cathedral Pines offers all-inclusive wedding packages, including venue, catering, bar service, linens, and decor. They also provide a dedicated wedding coordinator to assist with the planning process.
What types of backdrops are available for weddings in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs offers a variety of beautiful backdrops for wedding venues, including stunning mountain views. Here are some of the most popular backdrops for wedding venues in Colorado Springs:
Wedding Venues with Mountain Views
Colorado Springs is situated in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and many wedding venues offer breathtaking views of Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, and other nearby mountains. Some venues with mountain views include The Broadmoor, Cheyenne Mountain Resort, and Garden of the Gods Club & Resort.
Garden Wedding Venues
Colorado Springs is also known for its beautiful gardens and parks, which make for romantic and picturesque wedding venues. Some popular garden venues include the Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum, Hillside Gardens & Nursery, and the Garden of the Gods Trading Post.
Historic Wedding Venues
Historic Buildings: Colorado Springs has a rich history and many beautiful historic buildings that can serve as unique and elegant wedding venues. These venues include The Mining Exchange, The Briarhurst Manor Estate, and The Warehouse Restaurant & Gallery.
Ranch Wedding Venues
Colorado is also known for its Western heritage and many ranches that offer rustic and scenic wedding venues. Some popular ranch venues include the Latigo Ranch, The Barn at Casey’s, and Crooked Willow Farms.
Overall, Colorado offers a diverse range of backdrops for wedding venues, from stunning mountain views to charming gardens and historic buildings. Couples should research different venues and choose the backdrop that best fits their style, preferences, and vision for their wedding day.
What are the requirements for getting married in Colorado Springs?
Getting married in Colorado Springs can be a beautiful and memorable experience. Before you start planning the details of your big day, it’s important to understand the requirements for getting married in this area.
- Obtain a Marriage License: Before you can get married in Colorado Springs, you must obtain a valid marriage license from the Clerk and Recorder’s Office. You must provide valid identification, age proof, and Social Security numbers. However, there is no waiting period or residency requirement, so you can get your license on the same day as your wedding.
- Find an Officiant: Colorado allows for self-uniting marriages, meaning you or your partner can solemnize the marriage without the assistance of an ordained officiant or witness. If you choose to have an officiant officiate your wedding, ensure they have the proper credentials and legal authority to perform the ceremony.
- Choose a Venue: Colorado Springs has a variety of wedding venues to choose from, ranging from hotels and historic locations to outdoor venues with breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains. Before you book, ask all your questions and receive answers in writing.
- Gather Guests: Colorado does not require a minimum number of guests to be present for your wedding ceremony. However, you will need at least two witnesses over 18 to sign the marriage license after the wedding.
- Register the Marriage: After your ceremony, the officiant or you and your partner must return the marriage license to the Clerk and Recorder’s Office within 63 days to register the marriage.
Following these steps will help ensure that your wedding in Colorado Springs is everything you and your partner dreamed of. Good luck!
Are there any discounts available for wedding venues in Colorado Springs?
Creekside Event Center offers a generous military discount for all active and past military.
What are some statistics and facts about getting married in Colorado Springs?
Marriage Requirements in Colorado Springs
In Colorado Springs, couples must obtain a marriage license from the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s office. Both parties must be present, provide valid identification, and pay a fee. There is no waiting period, and the license is valid for 35 days.
Number of Weddings in Colorado Springs
According to data from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, there were 2,511 marriages in El Paso County (where Colorado Springs is located) in 2020.
Popular Months to Get Married in Colorado Springs
The most popular months for weddings in Colorado Springs are June, August, September, and October. These months offer mild weather, beautiful scenery, and outdoor activities.
Average Cost of a Wedding in Colorado Springs
According to WeddingWire, the average wedding cost in Colorado Springs is around $25,000. This includes the venue, catering, photography, music, and other expenses.
Most Popular Venues in Colorado Springs
Some of the most popular wedding venues in Colorado Springs include Creekside, the Broadmoor, the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, the Pinery at the Hill, and the Garden of the Gods Club & Resort.
Outdoor Weddings in Colorado Springs
Many couples have outdoor weddings in Colorado Springs because of its natural beauty and stunning landscapes. Popular outdoor wedding venues include Garden of the Gods Park, Red Rock Canyon Open Space, and Palmer Park.
Military Weddings in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs is home to several military installations, including the United States Air Force Academy, Fort Carson, and Peterson Air Force Base. Many military couples choose to get married in Colorado Springs and have military-themed weddings. Creekside Event Center offers a military discount.
Should I have a destination wedding in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs offers a range of stunning natural landscapes and scenic vistas, including Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods, which can provide a breathtaking backdrop for your wedding. Additionally, many venues and vendors in the area can help make your wedding dreams a reality.
However, hosting a destination wedding in Colorado Springs can also have challenges, such as coordinating travel and accommodations for your guests, dealing with unpredictable weather, and potential logistical issues. It’s important to carefully consider your budget and wedding priorities before deciding to have a destination wedding.
You can keep reading for more information about Colorado Springs, including nearby towns, landmarks, events, and facts.
What cities and towns are nearby Colorado Springs, CO?
- Denver, CO (about 70 miles north)
- Pueblo, CO (about 45 miles south)
- Castle Rock, CO (about 40 miles north)
- Cañon City, CO (about 40 miles southwest)
- Woodland Park, CO (about 20 miles west)
- Manitou Springs, CO (about 5 miles west)
- Monument, CO (about 15 miles north)
- Fountain, CO (about 15 miles southeast)
- Calhan, CO (about 35 miles northeast)
- Cripple Creek, CO (about 20 miles west)
What are the top landmarks in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs is home to several popular landmarks that attract visitors worldwide. Here are some of the top landmarks in Colorado Springs.
Garden of the Gods
This beautiful park is a geological wonder, featuring towering sandstone rock formations that are millions of years old. Visitors can hike or bike on the park’s numerous trails, take guided tours, or simply enjoy the stunning natural scenery. The park also has a visitors’ center with exhibits, a gift shop, and a café.
This military academy trains and educates future United States Air Force leaders and features beautiful architecture, including the iconic Cadet Chapel. The academy also has a museum showcasing the Air Force’s history and its contributions to national security.
United States Air Force Academy
This military academy features beautiful architecture and a museum that showcases the history of the United States Air Force.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
This unique zoo is located on the side of Cheyenne Mountain and is home to more than 800 animals worldwide. Visitors can see animals such as lions, tigers, giraffes, and monkeys and participate in animal encounters and behind-the-scenes tours.
This historic hotel is one of the most luxurious in the United States and features beautiful architecture, luxurious accommodations, and several restaurants and shops. The hotel also has a spa, golf course, and tennis facilities.
Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
This museum showcases the history and culture of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region, with exhibits featuring artifacts and photographs from the area’s earliest settlers to modern times. The museum also offers educational programs and special events throughout the year.
Olympic Training Center
This facility trains athletes worldwide in various sports and features a museum showcasing the Olympic Games history. Visitors can take guided tours of the facility and see athletes in training.
This series of seven waterfalls is located in a beautiful canyon just outside of Colorado Springs and is accessible by a series of hiking trails and a staircase. Visitors can also take a tram to the top of the falls and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding scenery.
This large park features more than 25 miles of hiking and biking trails and stunning views of Colorado Springs and the surrounding mountains. The park also has picnic areas, playgrounds, and a dog park.
Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center
This center features a museum, theater, and art school and showcases various visual and performing arts. The museum’s collection includes works by famous artists such as Georgia O’Keeffe and Salvador Dali, and the theater hosts a variety of performances throughout the year. The art school offers classes and workshops for all ages and skill levels.
What annual festivals and events take place in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs is home to several annual festivals and events throughout the year. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Pikes Peak International Hill Climb – a thrilling motor race on Pikes Peak in June every year.
- Colorado Springs Labor Day Liftoff – a hot air balloon festival on Labor Day weekend in September.
- Colorado Springs Oktoberfest – a celebration of German culture with music, food, and beer held in September.
- Colorado Balloon Classic – another hot air balloon festival held on Labor Day weekend.
- Territory Days – a street fair in Old Colorado City during Memorial Day weekend, featuring live music, food, and crafts.
- Colorado Springs Comic Con – a pop culture convention featuring celebrity guests, vendors, and panels held in August.
- Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo – a professional rodeo held in July featuring bull riding, barrel racing, and more.
- Emma Crawford Coffin Races – a quirky Halloween event where participants race homemade coffins down a hill in Manitou Springs.
What makes Colorado Springs unique?
- Colorado Springs is the second-largest city in Colorado, with a population of around 465,000.
- The city is at the foot of Pikes Peak, one of the most famous mountains in the United States.
- Colorado Springs has an elevation of 6,035 feet (1,839 meters) above sea level, making it one of the highest cities in the United States.
- The city was founded in 1871 by General William Jackson Palmer, a Civil War hero and railroad magnate.
- Colorado Springs is home to several military installations, including the United States Air Force Academy, Fort Carson, and Peterson Air Force Base.
- The city has a semi-arid climate, with an average of 300 days of sunshine annually.
- Colorado Springs is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, including hiking, biking, rock climbing, and skiing.
- The Garden of the Gods park in Colorado Springs is home to unique red rock formations formed millions of years ago.
- The city has a thriving arts and culture scene, with several museums, galleries, and performing arts venues.
- Colorado Springs has several famous residents, including Olympian Simone Biles, actress Amy Adams, and author Helen Hunt Jackson.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the estimated population of Colorado Springs as of 2020 is 486,847 people.
- Colorado Springs covers an area of approximately 195 square miles (505 square kilometers).
- The city has an average elevation of 6,035 feet (1,839 meters) above sea level, with some areas reaching heights of over 14,000 feet (4,267 meters) in nearby mountains.
- The median household income in Colorado Springs is $70,719, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The cost of living in Colorado Springs is slightly lower than the national average, with housing costs being particularly affordable.
- Colorado Springs has a high percentage of residents with a bachelor’s degree or higher, with 42.8% of adults holding at least a bachelor’s degree.
- As of February 2023, the unemployment rate in Colorado Springs was 3.3%, which is lower than the national average.
- The population of Colorado Springs is diverse, with a mix of ethnicities and races. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city is 71.1% White, 16.2% Hispanic or Latino, 6.2% Black or African American, 3.7% Asian, and 0.5% Native American.
- Colorado Springs is a popular tourist destination, with over 23 million visitors annually. The tourism industry generates over $2 billion in revenue for the city each year.
Should I get married in Denver or Colorado Springs?
Whether to get married in Denver or Colorado Springs depends on several factors, such as your personal preferences, budget, and the size of your wedding. Both cities offer a range of wedding venues and activities for you and your guests to enjoy.
Denver is known for its vibrant downtown area, world-class restaurants, and thriving arts and culture scene. The city also boasts several unique wedding venues, such as historic mansions, art galleries, and rooftop spaces. However, Denver can be more expensive than Colorado Springs, especially regarding accommodation and dining.
On the other hand, Colorado Springs is known for its natural beauty, with stunning views of Pikes Peak and the Garden of the Gods. The city also offers a range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, and golfing, which can make for a fun-filled wedding weekend. Colorado Springs also has several affordable wedding venues, including ranches, vineyards, and parks.
We wish you all the best!
Good luck finding your picture-perfect Colorado Springs wedding venue. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team if you want more information about Creekside.